Webinar hosted by the Central Appalachian Network: New Frontiers for On-Bill Financing and the Rural Energy Savings Program
Please join us for a webinar on Monday, May 13, 2019 at 1 pm EDT to learn about the innovative partnerships taking place across the region and across agencies to expand on-bill finance programs.
You are receiving this email because we’d like your perspective on how to further connect community leaders to this initiative and how existing efforts may be able to link or align with your work and/or your partners in Central Appalachia. For this reason, we are reaching out to members of the Energy and Natural Resources Working Group, the CAN Energy Working Group, and other local and regional leaders.
- Rory McIlmoil, Appalachian Voices
- Jason Walsh, National Cooperative Business Association
- John-Michael Cross and Miguel Yanez, Environmental and Energy Study Institute
The recently published Central Appalachia Clean Energy Policy Toolkit identified on-bill financing programs as an opportunity to grow the region's clean energy economy, building on program models that organizations like MACED and Appalachian Voices have developed and supported. There are federal resources available right now that could be put to use by rural utilities across the Central Appalachia to deploy clean energy in communities. While these programs and resources are closely associated with rural electric cooperatives, there is also ample opportunity for public power utilities.
This webinar will include:
- An update on inclusive on-bill financing in the region, including a recently-launched program in Tennessee
- An overview of USDA’s Rural Energy Savings Program (RESP), a zero-percent loan program for rural utilities to help their members/customers finance cost-effective energy upgrades. The program was recently was reauthorized to continue through 2023.
- Highlights of public power on-bill programs from around the country, and a discussion of the opportunities and challenges of public power programs.
- A discussion of how on-bill programs that go beyond traditional energy efficiency measures. RESP will provide no-interest financing a wide variety of projects, including energy storage, distributed generation, fuel switching, irrigation efficiency, and even whole replacement of manufactured homes -- as long as the financed measure is estimated to save money for the end-use customer. The webinar will profile co-ops that have secured RESP funding for some of these alternative projects.
The webinar will be Monday, May 13, 2019 at 1 pm EDT. Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Webinar ID: 905 125 086
One-tap : +16465588656,,905125086# or +17207072699,,905125086#
Or Telephone: +1 646 558 8656 or +1 720 707 2699